VACANCY: RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Introduction: The International Alliance for Justice and Peace (IAJP) is inviting applications for the post of a research assistant for the project focusing on gathering evidence about the spate of terrorist violence in Nigeria. This project will last for a duration of three months.
The role holder should:
- Hold a first degree in any discipline. Postgraduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Possess demonstrable strong analytical skills.
- Possess excellent writing skills.
- Some experience working with graphics.
- Possess very good digital skills- able to work well with internet search engines and cloud-based collaborative platforms such as google drive and Dropbox.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- The RA will undertake research to obtain data on incidents of violent crimes, including kidnappings, killings, arson, forced displacements, destruction of farmland, and extrajudicial killings by state agents.
- The data will be mainly secondarily sourced from reports but the RA will ensure the sources pass a rigorous process for authentication and reliability.
- The RA may be required to conduct on-the-ground findings to obtain data or for verification.
- The RA will produce weekly report detailing state of Nigeria’s security situation, including, for instance, numbers kidnapped citizens or displaced communities.
- The RA may be required to perform people-facing and public engagement roles.
- The RA may be assigned any other research related duties within the scope of our organisational objectives.
Time and duration: March to June (Three Months); 20 hrs per week role
Renumeration: N210,000 for the three months duration (N70,000 per month, including allowances and expenses cover).
Application process: To apply for this role, please send your CV and personal statement to: email@example.com, on or before Monday 8th March 2021.